Friday, January 2, 2015

It's January 2nd 2015 and as I begin to write this post I have yet to land on a New Year's resolution.  In the effort of saving myself time and quite frankly the disappointment of not completing a boring resolution I'm not making one.  I simply refuse.  I'm forging a new path and just saying no to all of that goal setting and organized craziness that I never complete.  
This year I'm trying something different.  Instead of making all of these promises to myself that I know I won't keep I am going to make only 1 statement.  I will fail.  I will try to fail gracefully but I know there will be times that may not happen.   I will fail because I will be trying new ideas and testing myself to see just what I can do.  I will challenge myself to think differently and learn more.  Why am I doing this?  My reasoning for this is that if I fail at least I will have learned something. Maybe in telling myself it is o.k. to fail I am actually giving myself permission to try more and do more.  As a parent I think that one of the most important qualities of a person that we can teach our children is how to keep learning, how to accept defeat and how to pick yourself back up after the going gets tough.  Yes, I think I will be a shining example of this for my kiddos.
The good news is that I'm not in this alone!  I have God standing with me and carrying me through life.  I have my husband who is my soul mate and life partner that is willing to push my buttons just to see what happens.  We all need that someone in our life to keep us on our toes.  Lucky for me I hit the jackpot!  I've got my kids, that with all of their innocence are always willing to give hugs and kisses, no questions asked.  And of course my family and friends as an extended support system.  I am blessed beyond belief so I know that the year of no resolutions will be just fine.  In fact, I expect great things to come from 2015.  Happy New Year and cheers to no resolutions!  

No comments:

Post a Comment